ISaGRAF Employed in the Almega AX-V6 Arc Welding & Cutting Robot
Montreal , Canada – May 16, 2006 - ICS Triplex ISaGRAF and its Japanese Master Distributor, Nissin, are pleased to announce the success of the Almega AX-V6 welding robot. Manufactured by OTC DAIHEN Corporation, an internationally recognized supplier of arc welding power supplies and industrial robots, the Almega robot is known for its high speeds and smooth movements which shorten production time. The robot incorporates version 4.20 of the powerful and easy-to-use ISaGRAF software and can be used in processes ranging from arc welding to plasma arc cutting.
This flexible solution includes features such as:
- Open architecture – the PC-based controller provides more flexibility to
adapt to customized systems (Windows Embedded)
- User-friendly operation by visual display - friendly assistance and
guidance by built-in tutorial function
- Advanced PLC functions - edit ladder diagram on the teach pendant
- Offline editing through commercial programming tool
- Enhanced system configuration ability - up to 54 axes can be controlled by one controller
- Large memory capacity and I/O control signals - standard memory capacity is 160,000 teach points and the I/O control signal can be optionally enhanced up to 64 IN/OUT.
- On-screen guides - complete instruction manuals built-in plus illustrations and illustrated parts replacement procedures
- Multi-screen function - lets you view up to four screens simultaneously
- Multilingual feature - select two languages from nine available
About OTC Daihen
OTC Daihen Corporation is internationally recognized as a leading producer of advanced welding and robotic systems, providing superior products, processes, and services in response to customer needs. Through continuous improvement of all aspects of performance, OTC Daihen anticipates customer's critical requirements and maintains a competitive advantage in various markets.
About Nissin Systems
Nissin Systems is an ISaGRAF Master Distributor based in Japan. The company has expertise in the embedded market and provides technical support and assistance with customers' software development.
About ICS Triplex ISaGRAF
ICS Triplex ISaGRAF, a privately-held company with offices in Canada and France, is the world’s leading automation software partner. The company’s flagship product ISaGRAF is fully compliant with both IEC 61499 and IEC 61131 industrial standards and can be used to build a variety of automation products including embedded controllers, DCS, PLCs, RTUs, CNCs and motion controllers. ISaGRAF sustains a high level of standardization, integration and communication within modern automation systems, resulting in high-end, real-time open control systems with crash-proof reliability, powerful performance and flexibility.
ICS Triplex ISaGRAF is a subsidiary of UK-based ICS Triplex plc.